We Are Hiring Semi-Skilled Helpers & Firewatch/General Laborers
General Minimum Requirements:
Shipyard Helpers are required to have 1-2 years of previous shipyard experience, including the ability to operate small hand tools (grinders, chippers, etc.), mechanical aptitude, basic ship repair knowledge
Firewatch/General Laborers are required to have 1-2 years of work experience as a shipyard firewatch/laborer, cleaner, or similar industrial/construction experience required.
- Must be able to travel to all shipyards within the Tidewater area
- Must be available for all shifts, 8-12 hours daily, up to 7 days a week
- Must be able to lift 50lbs repetitively throughout the shift
- Must be able to climb stairs and work at elevated heights
- Must be able to work in confined and enclosed spaces
- Must be able to pass Physical and Drug Screening requirements
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
All applicants will be required to attend and complete new hire orientation and OSHA safety training.
In person applications are taken at:
Applications will be accepted at our office on Mondays and Fridays only from 8:00am – 3:30pm.
Online applications and document uploads are available here.
Applicants with shipyard experience and safety training can include any certifications, training credentials, and security clearances upon meeting criteria required and being scheduled for orientation.
Network Industries is an EEO Employer.
Company Snail Mail:
2610 Church Street, Suite A
Norfolk, VA 23504
757.625.3300 – Fax